TECH NECK - THE IMPORTANCE OF USING A NECK CREAM

Special thank you to StriVectin for partnering with me on this post, all opinions expressed are my own. 
You know..., you spend way too much time on your phone, said my mom to me as we were sitting at Faith and Flower one Saturday morning waiting for our breakfast. After muttering a few clumsy excuses, like but it's work related and it's only gonna take me a minute, I started thinking about what she said and realized that mom was absolutely correct, as usual. I do spend a lot of time on my tech devices. After all, I do most of my work on my phone and laptop, I prefer to shop on line, and by definition, a perfect evening at home almost always involves watching a favorite show or two on Netflix.




As the guilty as charged look slowly emerged on my face, my mom simply replied, well..., you don't have to look so guilty! I do the same, you know! Every day, I spend at least 8 hours on my lap top. As a lead project manager for one of Canada's largest telecommunication companies, she really does spend her entire day on a computer. So, when she suggested I should take special care of the skin on my neck because spending this much time looking down may cause wrinkles on my neck, I definitely paid attention.





You may call it a coincidence, but when a few weeks later, one of my favorite skin care brands - StriVectin reached out offering to try their new TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream, which improves skin elasticity and provides a visible lift while smoothing the appearance of horizontal neck lines, I thought this was definitely a sign! What attracted me to this product in the first place was the fact that it was designed specifically to combat side effects of the repeated motion of looking down at tech devices which can lead to horizontal neck lines ( tree rings ), and sagging of the neck and décolletage area, otherwise known as Tech Neck.


Personally, I wasn't familiar with the term Tech Neck before, but once I started doing research, I found out that the average personal looks at her/his phone about 221 times a day and the skin on the neck is different from the skin on the face because it's much thinner, making it more prone to show aging, which is why you need a separate neck cream.


I started using TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream about three weeks ago and I have to say that I really like it! At first, I noticed that the skin on my neck felt softer and looked much more supple and after about 2 weeks, I could definitely tell that the skin on my neck felt tighter and firmer! Another reason why I really like TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream is because it has a very light texture and doesn't feel heavy at all! So, I can definitely layer it under my foundation no problem!



Though naturally, I am definitely more mindful now of how much time I spend looking down at my phone and laptop, I'm definitely glad I found a product to care of the skin on my neck so I can still indulge in my tech addiction from time to time!:)

ONE by STYLEKEEPERS Modern vintage top | FRAME Le Crop mini mid-rise bootcut jeans | NO. 21 Knotted leather pumps | CHANEL Vanity case in grained calfski | J.W. ANDERSON Gold plated cuff & Pierce ring

Labels: ,